Can you relate?
I know what my problem is: Chocolate. I’m not eating enough of it. I read an article on the internet that said chocolate is a superfood. (So is champagne, but coffee and red wine are more my speed these days.) And since the internet is never wrong, I was able to self-diagnose my biggest issue and root cause. I ran out of my favorite dark chocolate bars and they’re too pricey to buy when they’re not on super sale. And here’s the reality of my life: It’s not worth living without that chocolate at the end of the day. Or in the middle of my day. Or to start my day.
I’ve also been needing a little pep in my step. I don’t know if it’s the weather, lack of chocolate, the pitch dark that sets in at 4:00pm sharp, or what, but I also need a little more help with energy and, uh, sex drive. Yep, I’m going there. Sorry.
After working long days taking care of a toddler and working from home, cooking up a storm, and just doing life, getting busy is pretty much the last thing I have energy for, TBH. So, adding spices to actually spice up my life and boost my mojo? Okay. Let’s do that.
Maca is a natural hormone booster, and cayenne pepper is wonderful for digestion and circulation. Cinnamon is warming and curbs sugar cravings. So, this is my cocoa cocktail to get my hot mama mojo back. Plus, it’s damn delicious.
- 2 cups milk of your choice (I use coconut milk)
- 1 Tbsp honey or sweetener of your choice
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- a splash of vanilla extract
- a pinch of cinnamon
- a tiny dusting of cayenne pepper (a tiny bit goes a VERY LONG WAY)
- Combine all of your ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat on medium low.
- Whisk continuously until hot and well blended. (5 ish minutes)
- Pour into your favorite mug or thermos and sip.
So hot right now!