It took a while for me to come around to the joys of brussels sprouts. Once I started experimenting, though, a whole new veggie world opened up to me.
A few months ago, I received a jar of fancy stone ground Dijon mustard infused with black currants. I opened it up, took a sniff and immediately started dreaming up a new brussels sprout recipe. I tried it out, tweaked it, changed my method a few times, deconstructed it, and recreated it without the fancy mustard.
Heres the final product hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp stone ground Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp all-natural fruit preserves
- salt and pepper
- Cut sprouts in half lengthwise, and toss with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Place flat side down on an olive oil greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven, put into a bowl and mix with pine nuts, mustard and fruit preserves. mix thoroughly.
- Return sprouts to baking sheet, sprinkle with a small dark of salt, and bake for another 10 minutes.
Serve and eat immediately.
What’s your favorite way to eat these great veggies?